Owners and Collectors of Information
The contents of our Sites are protected by copyright and trademark laws, and are the property of their owners. All information on the Sites is copyrighted by Alliance of Women Owned Businesses. Unless otherwise noted, you may access and use the information and materials within the Sites for your personal use. You may not change, modify, delete, display, transmit, adapt, exploit, or copy for distribution or sale any information, material, trademark, or copyright on the Sites. You must obtain written permission from us or any other entity who owns intellectual property on the Sites before you may publish, distribute, display, or commercially exploit any material from the Sites. By using the Sites, you agree to abide by all copyright notices or other posted restrictions.
We welcome your comments about any of the Sites. However, we will not review or consider any unsolicited creative submissions or suggestions for topics at our seminars or within our newsletters or products. We hope you will understand that this policy is intended to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings in the event that ideas developed by our staff might seem to be similar to the ideas submitted to us. Accordingly, we must ask that you not send us any original creative ideas, suggestions or materials. If, despite our request, you send us any idea, suggestion or material (“Submission”), it shall become our property. We will not be subject to any obligation of confidence for any Submission, and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. In the case that you submit something to us and it is unsolicited, we will exclusively own all rights to the Submission worldwide, and we will be entitled to the unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose, without compensation or notification to the provider of the Submission. Given this fact, we ask that you refrain from submitting creative projects to us, particularly those that are confidential or personal to you.
Profiles and Groups
A “profile” or “group” means any member profile, group, messaging, comments, timeline posts or other interactive service appearing on any of the Sites and includes both public profiles and private areas and groups. You may not post on any profile or forum, or send to any other user or our staff, any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, invades a person’s privacy, violates any intellectual or other property rights, or that would otherwise violate any law. You may not use any forum in a commercial manner. You may not post material that solicits funds, or that advertises or solicits goods or services. You may not post material known to be false. You may not post messages that contain stock touts. You may not post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component. We are not responsible for material appearing in any forum on the Sites, except for material signed by one of our identified representatives. We are not responsible for screening material posted by users for libel, obscenity, invasion of privacy, copyright or trademark infringement, accuracy, or for any other reason. We retain, however, the right to modify or remove messages or other material that we, in our sole discretion, consider infringing, offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene, stale, or otherwise unacceptable. We also reserve the right to edit materials for any other reason. Whether or not we modify or remove such material, users remain solely responsible for the content of their messages or postings. By posting on the Sites, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us and/or relevant affiliated companies the worldwide, perpetual, nonexclusive right to use your questions, comments, and postings, in their original or edited form, in television programs, books, articles, commentaries, or in any other medium now known or later developed. You also warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content you have posted and that the public posting and use of such content by us will not infringe the rights of any third party. Additionally, you warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been waived. You are not entitled to any compensation for any materials you may post on the Sites.
The information, services, products, claims, event, speaker topics, panelists, workshop leaders and materials on our Sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. We disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied effectiveness of the ideas or success strategies listed on this site as well as those that are provided to our participants at our events. Neither we nor any of our respective licensors or suppliers warrant that any functions contained in the Sites will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Sites or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Neither we nor any of our respective licensors or suppliers warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the services, products, information or materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not we or any of our respective licensors or suppliers) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction to your system. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. We do not endorse, warrant or guarantee any speakers, products or services offered on the Sites or those we link to. We are not a party to, and do not monitor, any transaction between users and third party providers of products or services.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, will we or any of our licensors or suppliers be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials or information on the Sites, or any products or services provided pursuant to the Sites, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages (including but not limited to lost data), so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall the total liability to you by us or any of our licensors or suppliers for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you to us, if any, for accessing the Sites. Under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of any advice, goods or services you receive from a guest speaker on our Sites or at one of our events. We are also not responsible or liable for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to our guest speakers, members in connection with the display of their photo, name, business description or biography posted on our Sites or in our marketing materials.
The Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13 and we will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. We strongly recommend that parents participate in their children’s exploration of the internet and any online services and use their browser’s parental controls to limit the areas of the internet to which their children have access. We may, at our discretion, require users under 18 to obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to view certain content, and we may limit access to certain content to users above a specified age. You agree to abide by any such restrictions, and not to help anyone avoid these restrictions.
Explicit Language & Mature Content
On our Sites we will occasionally discuss mature topics and language relating to personal and professional growth that may use explicit language. Users who are uncomfortable with such topics or language should not use our Sites.
Confidentiality and Non-Compete
Users of our Sites hereby understand that the tools, processes, strategies, materials and information presented on our Sites at at our programs are copyrighted and proprietary, so users agree not to record, duplicate, distribute, teach or train from this information in any manner whatsoever without express written permission. Any unauthorized use or distribution of our Sites proprietary concepts, materials, and intellectual property by you or your representatives is prohibited and Promoter will pursue legal action and full damages if these terms are violated in order to protect its rights.
The following PRIVACY POLICIES are subject to change at any time and at the sole discretion of the Alliance of Women Owned Businesses, the Site owner and operator. Please visit the site regularly for updates.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security and have explained in detail the steps we take to do so. We control this site from offices in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Outside Sites (Their Privacy Policies May Be Different)
How and Why We Collect Information
We collect your information in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select. If you register for an event, for example, the information is used to reserve your seat, to track your preferences, and to keep you informed about the seminar and related events. As a visitor to our Sites, you can engage in many activities without providing any personal information. In connection with other activities, such as utilizing registering for an event or commenting, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including ZIP code), e-mail address, telephone, credit card, and other personal information. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity. In all cases, we will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. We will also tell you how we use your information or if we share it with another party. Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we will never intentionally disclose any personal identification information about you as an individual user to any third party without having received your permission. If you supply us with your contact information you may receive periodic e-mails, mailings or calls from us with information on new programs, news, important issues, or upcoming events. If you wish to be removed from any postal, email, phone, or other lists, please let us know by emailing us at info@AWOBwomen.org. You can also write us or call us at the contact information above. Please provide us with your exact name, email address, mailing address, and phone. We will be sure your name is removed from the appropriate lists immediately. When you use our Sites, we or our authorized technology services provider may also collect certain technical and routing information from you to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. We use this information to administer the Site and to understand and measure traffic patterns on the Site so that we know which areas of our sites are favorites of our users, which areas need improvement, and what technologies are being used so that we may continually improve our sites. This information is collected in aggregate form, without identifying you or any user individually. We may use this aggregate, non-identifying statistical data for statistical analysis, marketing, or similar promotional purposes. This data is often tracked by us our our technology services provider by using “cookies” during your visit. A cookie is small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card and enables us to record your passwords, purchases, and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. (For some web pages that require an authorization, cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept cookies will probably not be able to access those pages.
When you apply for AWOB membership, your name will be included on a list of members which may be distributed to other members or our agents. The purpose of this list is to encourage networking and individual follow up. This list is not intended to be used for unsolicited commercial or bulk-email purposes, although we do not have control over the use of such information by others.
The following MEMBERSHIP POLICIES are subject to change at any time and at the sole discretion of the Alliance of Women Owned Businesses, the Site owner and operator. Please visit the site regularly for updates.
By becoming a member of AWOB, you agree to the terms and conditions of membership as outlined, and as developed by the Alliance of Women Owned Businesses. You agree that you qualify for the membership category selected, and that the information provided on application or website profile is accurate. You agree to abide by the Alliance of Women Owned Businesses Mission, Guiding Principles, Bylaws and other governing structures and regulations. You understand and agree to the policies and provisions outlined in these terms. If you have questions or need further clarification about AWOB policy, please email info@AWOBwomen.org subject line “Policy”.
The Alliance of Women Owned Businesses empowers women entrepreneurs to achieve higher levels of business success.
- Provide a forum for business education
- Mentor and encourage each other
- Provide resources to foster business growth
- Promote the building of positive relationships
- Subscribe to high ethical business standards
- Honor the accomplishments of outstanding business women
One of the Guiding Principles of AWOB is to provide education to women business owners. To that end, AWOB will invite guest speakers, workshop and meeting facilitators and other experts to present a variety of topics to the membership at meetings, events or online. AWOB will make every effort to select presenters and educational opportunities of quality, relevance and merit. As an AWOB Member, you understand that the materials, views and opinions of guest speakers, facilitators and other experts who may present at AWOB organized events are not specifically endorsed by AWOB. You understand that AWOB does not benefit from or promote for gain any person or business who may offer educational or support opportunities to the membership.
AWOB will attempt to highlight and promote members and member businesses when applicable. As an AWOB Member, you understand that your participation in AWOB events may expose you and your business or organization to media sources, cameras and videos. Your photo may appear on AWOB related sites, sponsor websites or in other media. You understand that AWOB is not responsible for any errors or misrepresentations made in any media sources.
The Alliance of Women Owned Businesses is a non-partisan business league formed under the guidelines of a Washington State Non-profit and IRS designation as a 501c(6). As such, and by determination of the board of directors, AWOB will not engage in supporting any political candidates and will remain a neutral party towards individual candidates.
Our policy is to keep our meetings, events and social media sites free of political campaigning by individual candidates or groups supporting issues. Government officers, candidates and groups are welcome to join our membership at appropriate membership levels in the spirit of supporting women in business and the mission of AWOB. No members or visitors shall use their membership, attendance at meetings, introduction times, AWOB website profile or AWOB online media sites to campaign, circulate petitions, posts links or share political commentary.
When addressing financial matters at any AWOB program, website, meetings, event, newsletters or other content (collectively known as AWOB programs, or programs), we’ve taken every effort to ensure we accurately represent our programs and their ability to improve your life or grow your business. However, there is no guarantee that you will get any results or earn any money using any of our ideas, tools, strategies or recommendations, and we do not purport any “get rich schemes” at any of our programs. Nothing included in our programs is a promise or guarantee of earnings. Your level of success in attaining similar results is dependent upon a number of factors including your skill, knowledge, ability, dedication, business savvy, network, and financial situation, to name a few. Because these factors differ according to individuals, we cannot and do not guarantee your success, income level, or ability to earn revenue. You alone are responsible for your actions and results in life and business. Any forward-looking statements outlined in AWOB programs are simply our opinion and thus are not guarantees or promises for actual performance. It should be clear to you that by law we make no guarantees that you will achieve any results from ideas or models presented at AWOB programs, or by any speaker or facilitator, and we offer no professional legal, medical, psychological or financial advice.
No Professional Advice
The information contained in or made available through AWOB programs and at our events and in our printed material, handouts or newsletter (including but not limited to information contained on group boards, in text files, or in online chats) cannot replace or substitute for the services of trained professionals in any field, including, but not limited to, financial, medical, psychological, or legal matters. In particular, you should regularly consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical or mental health, particularly concerning any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention. We and our licensors or suppliers make no representations or warranties concerning any treatment, action, or application of medication or preparation by any person following the information offered or provided within or through our programs. Neither we nor our partners, or any of their affiliates, will be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages that may result, including but not limited to economic loss, injury, illness or death. You alone are responsible and accountable for your decisions, actions and results in life, and by your use of our website and programs, you agree not to attempt to hold us liable for any such decisions, actions or results, at any time, under any circumstance.
Events, Information, and Speaker Changes
The events, information, and speakers listed on our Sites, handouts, newsletters, emails or on any media, are subject to change without notification.
You will keep your password a secret.
You will not share an account with anyone else.
You will not copy or transfer any part of the Service.
The profile you create on AWOBwomen.org will become part of AWOB and except for the information that you license to us is owned by AWOB. However, between you and others, your account belongs to you. You agree to: (1) keep your password secure and confidential; (2) not permit others to use your account; (3) not use other’s accounts; (4) not sell, trade, or transfer your AWOB account to another party; and (5) not charge anyone for access to any portion of AWOB, or any information therein.
AWOBwomen.org “DOs” and “DON’Ts.”
As a condition to access AWOBwomen.org, you agree to this User Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON’Ts:
Do undertake the following:
Here’s a list of some of the specific things we ask you to do and not do on AWOBwomen.org.
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- Review and comply with notices sent by AWOBwomen.org concerning the Services;
- Use the Services in a professional manner; and
- Use your real name on your profile.
Don’t undertake the following:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to AWOBwomen.org;
- Publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the profile form (e.g., do not include a link or an email address in the name field). Please also protect sensitive personal information such as your email address, phone number, street address, or other information that is confidential in nature;
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than a natural person;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to others using AWOBwomen.org;
- Upload a profile image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account or create a false identity on AWOBwomen.org;
- Upload, post, email, InMail, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
- Falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or misrepresents your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Adds to a content field content that is not intended for such field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by AWOBwomen.org);
- Includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to (a) using AWOBwomen.org invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; (b) using AWOBwomen.org to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and (c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases;
- Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of AWOBwomen.org or any user of AWOB;
- Forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; or
- Even if it is legal where you are located, create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network that seeks to implement practices that are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople for the purposes of creating a pyramid scheme or other similar practices;
- Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on AWOBwomen.org (excluding content posted by you) or as expressly authorized by AWOBwomen.org;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof;
- Utilize or copy information, content or any data you view on or obtain from AWOBwomen.org to provide any service that is competitive, in AWOBwomen.org’s sole discretion, with AWOBwomen.org;
- Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by AWOBwomen.org unless you have entered into a written agreement with AWOBwomen.org (this includes, but is not limited to, representing yourself as an accredited AWOBwomen.org trainer if you have not been certified by AWOBwomen.org as such);
- Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on AWOBwomen.org or technology underlying the Services, or other Members’ content, in whole or part.
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to AWOBwomen.org or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize a AWOBwomen.org Group or any other service or functionality of AWOBwomen.org, without the express written permission of AWOBwomen.org;
- Deep-link to the Site for any purpose, (i.e. creating or posting a link to a AWOBwomen.org web page other than AWOBwomen.org’s home page) unless expressly authorized in writing by AWOBwomen.org or for the purpose of promoting your profile or a Group on AWOBwomen.org as set forth by AWOBwomen.org.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on AWOBwomen.org, including those of both AWOBwomen.org and any of its licensors;
- Remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on AWOBwomen.org;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from AWOBwomen.org except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- Share information of non- Members without their express consent;
- Infringe or use AWOB’s brand, logos or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “AWOB” in any business name, email, or URL or including AWOB’s trademarks and logos except as providedby AWOB;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the site;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access AWOB, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages, or perform other similar activities through AWOB, unless explicitly permitted by AWOB;
- Access, via automated or manual means or processes, AWOB for purposes of monitoring AWOB’s availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of AWOB’s website;
- Attempt to or actually access AWOBwomen.org by any means other than through the interfaces provided by AWOB such as its mobile application or by navigating to AWOBwomen.org using a web browser. This prohibition includes accessing or attempting to access AWOBwomen.org using any third-party service, including software-as-a-service platforms that aggregate access to multiple services, including AWOBwomen.org;
- Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying AWOBwomen.org;
- Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on AWOBwomen.org’s infrastructure, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited communications to other Members or AWOB personnel, attempting to gain unauthorized access to AWOBwomen.org, or transmitting or activating computer viruses through or on AWOBwomen.org; and/or
- Interfere or disrupt or game AWOBwomen.org or the Services, including, but not limited to, any servers or networks connected to AWOBwomen.org, or AWOBwomen.org search algorithms.